Pavel A. Mazmanyan
Senior lecturer at the chair of Neonatology at the National Institute of Health of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Armenia
Medical degree of doctor-pediatrist, Zaporozhye State Medical Institute, Zaporozhye, Ukraine, 1988.
1999 - PRESENT.Head of Neonatal service of Research Center of Maternal and Child Health Protection.
Achievements (for the first time in Armenia):
• Successful application of surfactant to newborn
• Operations on ligation of an open arterial duct at premature newborns
• Introduction and application of method CPAP.
1994 - 1999 - Head of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Center of Perinatology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yerevan, Armenia
1991 - 1994 - Neonatologist, Department of Newborns' Intensive Care Unit Newborns, Children's Clinical Hospital № 1, Yerevan, Armenia.
• Course on ultrasound research of newborns’ brain. University Neonatal Clinic, Zurich, Switzerland,2009
• Conference of the European Society on Researches in Pediatrics, Hamburg, Germany 2009
• "Euro pediatrics 2008", Istanbul, Turkey
• Internship on neonatology "Pro Infantibus", University Neonatal Clinic of Graz, Austria, 2006
• Advanced training courses on neonatology "Neonatal update 2005", Imperial College of Medicine, Department of Neonatology Medicine, London, Great Britain
• Course on neonatology, Royal College of Pediatrics and Children Health, London, Great Britain,2002
• Salzburg medical seminars on neonatology and perinatology: 1998, 2001 Salzburg, Austria
• Internship on neonatology 1994, the Medical Center of Albany, New York, USA
• Clinical internship on children's intensive care and anesthesiology,
• 1990-1992, Chair of Pediatrics №1, Yerevan, Armenia
• Internship on pediatrics 1989-1990, Republican Children's Hospital, Chimkent, Kazakhstan.
Other professional work
• 2014 - Doctor of Medical Science
• 2013- PRESENT. Chief Neonatologyst of Ministry of Health Republic of Armenia
• 2011 - PRESENT. Head of Department of Neonatology,Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi
• 2008-2009- Adviser for Health Prom, (Great Britain) in Uzbekistan,
• 2006 - Docent
• 2004- PhD (CANDIDATE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE)
• 2002 - 2007. WHO/UNICEF ENC & BF PROGRAM MANAGER IN ARMENIA
- Organized and carried out ENC & BF seminars: Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan
- Develop teaching materials and recommendations for the WHO.
- Gave 20 seminars in 7 regions, training approximately 400 medical professionals
- Prepared training manuals
• 2002-Adviser to the USAID/Zdravplus perinatological program and Nova
• since 2002 till 2010-Senior lecturer at the chair of Neonatology of Yerevan State University after Mkhitar Heratsi
• 2003 -Vice president of Armenian Association of Neonatal Medicine
• 1999 - PRESENT.SHORT TERM CONSULTANT OF WHO
Licences and certificates
• WHO EBM course 2005
• Code marketing implementation (IBFAN)2005
• AAP NCPR course 2006
• Child neuro-developmental treatment (Bobath course) 2005
• Candidate of Medical Sciences,(Ph.D. equivalent) 2004
• WHO Making Pregnancy Safer trainer 2002
• WHO/UNICEF Essential Newborn Care & BF trainer, 1999
• IMCI, 1998.
Armenian, Russian, English (TOEFL)
E-mail Address: [email protected]